15% Cabernet Franc
The property was acquired by George Thienpont in 1946. He then replanted the vines towards the end of the 1970s. From 1983 onwards, his son Nicolas began making the wine and Chateau Puygueraud was quickly becoming one of the flagship estates of the Côtes de Francs. For several years, and with the assistance of his grandson Cyrille, the wine attained greater precision and a nobler expression of these clay-limestone terroirs thanks to replanting and selection of Cabernet-Franc.