Highbury Vintners is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers by not selling their information to any company, organization or person. The company collects, uses, and stores personal information about customers, suppliers, and colleagues in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation. The company takes data protection duties seriously and respects the trust placed in it to use personal information appropriately and responsibly. The policy outlines how the company processes any personal data collected or processed.
If you have any questions about how we look after your personal data, you can contact us:
- In writing to:
The General Manager
71 Highbury Park
- By email to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephone on +44 (0)2072261347
The company may collect personal information, including contact details, purchases and orders made by the customer, payment card details, password and marketing preferences, wine preferences, favourites, ratings, reviews, online browsing history, correspondence, and data received from other sources. The information is used to communicate with customers, handle orders and deliver products and services, provide information on products, services, and promotional offers, display content such as wish lists and customer reviews, process payments, administer accounts, improve the website, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of the website, and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical, or other functions on the company's behalf.
The company will ensure that personal data is kept up to date and will check the accuracy of any personal data at the point of collection and regular intervals. The company will destroy or amend inaccurate or out-of-date data. The company will share personal data with carriers and third-party email marketing companies with the customer's consent. Personal data may also be shared with any company group member, but the company will never sell personal information to a third party.
The company may transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or to an international organization, provided that one of the conditions mentioned in the Data Protection Act 2018 applies. Personal data may also be processed by staff outside the EEA who work for the company or for one of its suppliers.
Customers have the right to be informed about how the company processes their data, the right to access the personal data the company holds on them, and the right to rectify any inaccurate or incomplete information. In addition, customers may contact the company by phone or email to exercise their rights.
You have a number of rights under data protection laws;
The right to be informed
The right of access
- You can access the personal data we hold on you by contacting us on +44 (0)2072261347 or email email@example.com. To process your request, we may ask for proof of identity so that we can be sure we are releasing your personal data to the right person.
The right to rectification
- If you think that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, please ask us to correct it by contacting us on +44 (0)2072261347 or by updating your accounts details in your online account.
The right to erasure
- You can ask us to delete your personal data; however, this is not an absolute right. We can refuse to erase personal data which we need to keep (i) to comply with a legal obligation (for instance, we are required by HMRC to keep certain personal data for up to 6 years for VAT reporting purposes); and (ii) in relation to the exercise or defence of any legal claims.
- When you ask us to delete your personal data, we assume that you do not want to hear from us again. If would still like to order our products but do not want to receive any marketing communications from us, you can update your marketing preferences by contacting us on +44(0)2072261347 or firstname.lastname@example.org or through the marketing preferences in your online account.
The right to object
- If you would like us to stop processing your personal data for marketing purposes simply let us know by contacting us +44(0)2072261347 or email@example.com or through the marketing preferences in your online account.
- Please note that as catalogues are printed in advance, it may take up to 4 weeks for the process to be completed and for emails it may take up to 2 weeks.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
We use a number of cookies on our website:
- Strictly Necessary - These cookies enable you to navigate our site and gain full access to its features and secure areas. Without these cookies, essential services cannot be provided.
- Performance - These cookies remember information about how you and other customers use our website. This gives us vital information such as which pages are visited most often and if customers are receiving error messages from certain pages. These cookies allow us to analyse and improve the performance of our website. They don't collect any information that identifies the customer and all information collected is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- Functionality - These cookies remember choices you made on previous visits to our site such as your username, language or region. The information collected by these cookies are anonymous.
We may update this policy from time to time to take account of any changes in business activity or to reflect any changes in law or best practice in relation to data protection.
We will notify you if we do so.
This policy was last updated on 20/04/2023.